CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Question...

Okay.. something we were wondering in our devotions this morning.. anyone have a reason or anything then please let me know...
When Jesus was hungry and he passed by a fig tree, the fruit wasn't in season, so therefore there was no fruit.. but Jesus cursed the tree, and when they later passed by it was withered and dead. I don't think that it's fair for the poor tree... don't get me wrong.. I'm sure the Lord had a reason for doing that.. BUT... since it wasn't in season... I don't understand why he cursed it... hmm.. anyone have a possible explanation??

10 comments:

Lady Jo said...

I'd say simply to teach a lesson. It wasn't the fig tree's fault but that lesson went down in history...and for that it was worth it.

Nyx Martinez said...

Ha!
I always thought about that too!! Erm....thought maybe He was having a bad day...
You know, like when you're super hungry and you go to the fridge and there's just no food???

Anonymous said...

Yeah i know what that's like, i'm like always hungry and there's nothing cept cold baby leftovers.

Hey I like the back ground!!!

Queen of Clubs said...

yeaa.. I know how that's like.. I'm always hungry myself.. and can't always find food... BUT POOR FIG TREE!! :D... thanks glad u like the background

Poochies said...

Do not attempt to comprehend the mind of God or his reasons for doing things.
You know Grandpa said that Women and trees are similar, and sometimes when he sees a tree, it reminds him of woman dancing. Maybe the fig tree reminded Jesus of a woman he disliked :)
Makes perfect sense to me...
But let's not attempt...

Queen of Clubs said...

oh dear... that's not a good thing... u are correct tho.. haha

Nyx Martinez said...

heheehehehehe

Aaron said...

lolololllalalalal

Living My Fairytale said...

Or maybe he was feeling like a breastfeeding mom who hasn't nursed her baby in a while..chock full of the good stuff! He was like stuffed with this zapping power and totally had to get it out, saw there were no figs and just couldn't help stretching out his index finger and condemning it.
Reason number 2. The disciples were bored and couldn't afford traditional forms of entertainment so settled for Jesus' awesome tree-wilting act?
Reason number 3. Um...just because he could?
Hehe, my two cents...

Impetuous Lady said...

Too deep for my finite mind. Am stumped...
Glad you all are smarter than me....heheh :D