CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 05, 2006

today.....

Aside from the usual happenings of the galleria skating rink as well as a proposal.. (So there shelly.. I did get proposed to by a guy... though... it doesn't count cause of who the guy is.... all for total laughs hahah) , gettin a signed skating pass -- mi casa su casa -- obviously someone didn't take a spanish class.. though I was no better and couldn't help him out, yeaa.. as well as he thinks I'm really hot... good thing it's a 14 yr old kid, (he really resembles Sethy Poo) whom we nicknamed Staplesboy.... given when he kept ripping his preripped jeans while skating! haha! A good balloon sword fight, (Shelly u missed it.. wahh... must do again bwahaha... snort :D) with another guy that works at the skating rink, whom, I fondly nicknamed Loser... (saddly for the longest time... with most of these guys, I didn't know their actual names... hehe... But no hard feelings towards any of them... I am also known as loser HAHA!!) As well many thousand hit ons that were really shunned. All this did help me smile and laugh... some of them... others there was a frown or a distorted face of disgust... hehe...
The one thing that really, for some reason, stuck to me was while taking a small break towards the end of my day, I had gone off to a quiet spot in the mall. There was a dad and his little girl that I had talked to on several occasions while they skated. The little girl had suddenly looked at me with a big smile on her face and asked, "Why are you wearing makeup? It doesn't make you any more prettier than what you already are."
At first I was kind of surprised, but yes I do admit that I can be quite vain about my looks and the way I think of myself etc... but she made me realise that looks isn't everything. The main thing I think, is that in a way, I use it to hide the inner side of me. Dumb of me to think that, when look, a little child seemed to notice that.
I don't know why I am really adding this onto here...but for me... it made enough sense... Looks can be deciving. Made me look at everyone for the rest of the night in a very different way.

0 comments: