CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 28, 2007

My Quest to make Risotto



So today was the day.. I had a particularly stressful morning.. and nothing beats it then cooking something good and tasty.. that had been haunting your dreams the past couple nights, since a dear friend (LUCA) decided to tease you about it, since I hadnt been able to eat at the time since I was fasting (not nice deary, you shall have to make it up some day with a bowl of your own cooking)



Well... that's easy enough.. had all the ingredients.. I had done a mental run of the kitchen and fridges (yep I know it all that well)



Sooo.. keeping this meal simple.. started a little late.. sooo nothin fancy.. Righhhhttt.. I have learnt never to trust myself... because once again my "simple meal" turned out to be a 4 hr extravaganza... mainly cause I was enjoying myself and taking my leisurely slow unhurried time...



Oh I shall have to tell you.. I taped my mouth.. yes it might sound extreme... butt.. I am determined to stop snacking while I cook.. (I heard if you don't pick on the food after u'll be hungrier.. so I wanted to see if that's true... unfortunately.. my hand doesn't seem to want to stop wanderin to my mouth.. so tape it is.... and it works.. the hand is to lazy to remove the tape.. genius I sayy!!!) So Im armed and ready to cook, with wild and mad frantic hand jesters to people, who laugh at my feeble attempts at sign language and guess more wrong than right, and crazy untangible mumblings, whom so far has entertained kaden the most.. who laughs and makes fun of everything I do, wanting to touch the tape and trys jabbing his finger into my mouth to see how much I can squeal... (probablly enjoying the fact that he can now ignore when I mumble for him to obey me or to stop) tho he has started responding more well to my hand signs.. like please (clap, clap) PTL (he raises his hands when he's choking) oh well.. at least I'm amusing while useful.



Started risottto.. but alas I coudn't find the risotto.. wondering who in the small amounts of time I'm not occupying the kitchen could have stolen it... that means I'll be having to make barley.. darats..... aha.. I wept happy tears.. I found it.. (I tell you.. I have my mind set on it and will be horrible disappointed if something deters me)



then decided on lentils.. what can I say.. I was craving that as well... then salad.. mushrooms, greenbeans, and asparagus... make a fruit salad and wallaa!!



Yep.. I don't think this exact mix goes. but hey.. so far it's smelling good.. everyone coming in is amused and enjoying the smells.. hopefully I didn't dump to much salt in the risotto or to much curry in the lentils...



In the end after taking of the tape I begin snacking almost immediately.. geessss must do something about thiss... well I make a plate sit down.. look at the food.. and already I lost my appetite.... I only picked on 3 asparagus... THREEE ONLYY!! soo alas fellow readers.. not picking doesn't help.. though it does make u not feel as fat after... though just cooking makes u feel rounder.. I have no idea why.. anyhow.. so much for making myself a plate.. I pick more than I ended up eating.... oh well the food was good none the less.. and besides the need for a little saltt it was good...



A picture of the ending results... the cook is happy :D



(yes I'm bored with time on my hands right now hahha...)

0 comments: