CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 15, 2006

argg what a day!!

(sorry the photo is blurry)
Angry children, annoying people, bright red birthday girl and loud noises... yep my bday at the galleria.. again.. well it's sunday.. and everyone expected to see us there..
I did have a blast.. in learning the fine arts of a sore back... I took my brother Kevin sister Vanessa and nefew Ethan for an joyable day skating... they had prior informed me that they had skated and were pretty good at it.. so I packed them.. gently of course.. into our cars and happily drove off for a fun day skating.. upon arriving, getting their passes... friends let us in... bustling them down to figure out their shoe sizes.. fitting them out with some hockey skates ( they all insisted on those) and up to the ice... I found out that those prior skating visits and their announcements that they could skate were untrue... leading them to the ice they informed me they had only stepped on the ice for like 5 seconds before wanting to get off... hmmm..
so yess.. I try to teach ethan, Lani helped Vanny and Kev figured enough out on his own to do a splendid enough job.
Well Ethan started complaining after half a round that he wanted to get off... argg... got off and started running around... hmm.. okay... kev decided to get off as well.. and didn't feel like skating... Vanny also wanted to go off cause she kept falling.. so we decided to try on some figure skates for them... I personally think they're way worse... but yea.. I'm not a kid tehe.. so yes we again tried it out.. ethan went around once then got to tired... Vanny started to really enjoy herself and wanted to continue.. with Kev skating every once in a while... so I took over for lani and skated with Vanny... but soon she wanted to get off.. then they all wanted to totally stop.. uhhuh... definately not what I had in mind... so with some good encouragment... I got them to all pile back on the ice.. for round two of trying to skate.. it went a lot better than before.. but again it didn't last... so we decided to get them some lunch and then walk around..
But a friend (refer to him as:) A showed up.. whom Ethan is such "buddies" with... he totally loves the guy.. so he decides to run away from me leavin me frantically searching for him to be found hanging on to A's leg in a big bear hug.. hehe...
and so what do they all decide upon seeing that A is also going to be skating?? They wanted to get back on the ice... so we had to go back down to get some more ice skates.. and put them on while I'm trying to talk on the phone with my mom and friends who are wishing me happy bday.. having my hair and self pulled in both ways by 2 kids suddenly anxious to get back on the ice... ooshhh... so yes.. we finally get all fitted out and ready to go back when we find out Lani has blisters.. great.. we steadily make our way back on the ice.. we decided that one should "pushing" my back... and one pulling my hand ... both tripping over their slow speed.. quite cute really... but quite tiring and frustrating for me.. though we did have a lot of laughs... Ethan kept trying to see A and kept twisting around and not watching where he was going.. so he tripped quite a few times.. with vanny in the back tripping over my feet.. in all we came out with no bumps or bruses... but me.. with a very very sore back.. I think I'll feel this for a couple months...
The kids did finally go back home so me and lani could hang out a little more.. though Ethan wanted to say bye to A... and gave him another big bear hug... and clug so hard to him I thought he wouldn't let go... such a doll!! haha... We did have fun... but still.. my back is protesting with every move I make.. don't think I can persuade it to change it's mind and try again... :D..
Ethan Vanny

I however had been thoughougly embarressed when they decided to drag me in the middle of the ice and announce it was my bday while a friend sang happy bday over the mic which could seriously be heard throughout half the mall... so for the first hrs, almost everyone at the rink knows us, came to wish me happy bday, which was super kewl and sweet of them all.. got 2 more happy birthday songs and loads of hugs.. started gettin weird when people after a couple hrs still started coming up.. people I didn't know.. to wish me happy bday.. okay... yeaa.. people hang out at the rink for quite a long time... okay kewl... yeaa.. weirder yet.. when 5-6 hrs later.. when I'm leaving people are still telling me happy bday and then some guys start shouting out happy bday proceeded with a drunkard off key tune of it... yes I was quite red during the singing parts.... oh well great way to break my bottle.. and over come my shyness.. though all my friends thought I looked cute all red and pink... uhhuh.. I must have looked dreadful!! WHOOHOO!!! CHEERS!

1 comments:

Amythos said...

oh it was great fun, heh.
I MISS YOU LIVS!!